Cloud Native Wasm day is a twice-a-year highlight for all of us at Cosmonic. As the years go on Wasm Day continues to evolve from development progress to practical applications and impressive use of the technology. Today we saw a significant focus on security, especially isolation, high performance Wasm use cases, and an emphasis on the flexibility of the technology itself.
After a week spent in the company of WebAssembly (Wasm) experts and enthusiasts, we've come away from the Linux Foundation's inaugural WasmCon with one conclusion - WebAssembly is capturing developer imagination in all sorts of industries. As the Bytecode Alliance and W3C Wasm Working Group release the latest stable iteration of Wasm standards - WASI-preview 2.
- A few major themes came through during the event. By far, the WebAssembly Component Model dominated conversations with many looking to understand how it works and how close components are to stabilization. Language interoperability was also front of mind, and there was lots of fresh innovation on show: from Siemens' use of Wasm in embedded systems to fresh demos showing componentize-py in action.
- Component Model update published: WASI-Preview 2 now MVP
- Cosmonic componentizes wasmCloud and Cosmonic PaaS
- Creates standards-based, vendor-neutral environment for building distributed apps
- Spurs wave of PaaS innovation
Collaboration, community, and diversity are the keys to technological innovation. This is why we are thrilled to announce that Cosmonic is involved in two adjacent events, set to revolutionize the WebAssembly (Wasm) landscape: The Linux Foundation's WasmCon and the Bytecode Alliance's WebAssembly Hackathon. Both events are being held near each other - WasmCon in Bellevue, WA on September 6 and 7, and “Componentize the World” on Friday September 8th in Redmond, WA.
Cosmonic will be there – and you should be, too.
Over the last 20 years, we have made huge strides in abstracting common complexities from the lives of developers. Wave after wave of innovation has driven the technology cycle. Enterprises have organized and executed around raising the delivery abstraction targeted by their developers. With each wave, we have simplified the effort, reduced the time to deliver and hastened the pace of innovation.
Keep up to date
Subscribe to Cosmonic for occasional communication straight to your inbox.